Come, brothers, we are not able to go forth. Great will be your strength if you do so. Come, your steps will not be met by fire, nor will our heart be closed to your word. Come.
Subcomandante insurgente Marcos
Because of the need for the teachers and educators of Mexico to reflect on the educational crisis our country is going through, and to find solutions for it. Concerns that are also shared by our zapatista brothers and sisters. The General Command of the Clandestine Revolutionary Indigenous Committee of the Zapatista Army of National Liberation (CCRI-CG of the EZLN) and the teachers of the Zapatista Front of National Liberation
National Teachers, to the First Encuentro of the
"Democratic Teachers and Zapatista Dream."
To be held in La Realidad, Chiapas, on July 31 and August 1 of the present year under the following bases:
To construct a teachers policy oriented by zapatismo.
All primary and secondary teachers who defend public education as a right of the Mexican people, and who are fighting against union corporatism, may participate.
EDUCATION FROM THE ZAPATISTA PERSPECTIVE
* National Reality and Education
* Historical Sketch of Education in Mexico
* Psycho-Pedagogical Paradigms and Daily Teaching Practice
* Cultural Diversity and Education
* Towards an Educational Program of Zapatismo
TEACHING AND CORPORATISM
* Regulatory Framework and Democracy
* Teachers Struggles for Union Democracy
* Persepectives of Democracy in the SNTE
* The CNTE as Historical Trend for Union Democracy
TEACHING AND THE ZAPATISTA DREAM
* The Zapatista World Vision
* The Principles and Programs of Zapatismo
* Ways of Making Politics by the EZLN
* Everyday Teaching and Zapatista Values
* School Organization and Democracy
* Pedagogy as Lecture of Power in the Classroom
* Pedagogy as a Political Instrument in Teaching Practice
They will be delivered at the places and during the time period that
registration is open; accompanied by a minimum of 20.
Registration and Credentialing:
It will take place from July 12 to 23, at a cost of $10.00 pesos, at:
- Section IX of the SNTE, Belisario Dominguez #32, fourth floor (Trabajo y Conflictos de la Direccion 4), Col. Centro; Telephone: 0445 962 58 34;
- Section X of the SNTE, Colombia #6, Oficialia Mayor, Planta Baja, Col. Centro; Telephone: 55 26 89 98, ext. 102; from 10 AM to 3 PM; and in the
- Offices of the FZLN, Zapotecos 7bis, Col. Obrera; Telephone: 57 61 42 36, from 11 AM to 8 PM, Monday through Friday.
$650.00 (DF/SCLC/La Realidad/SCLC/DF). Payment in cash at time of registration, or deposit in account: Bancomer #1308643-4, Branch 001, in the name of Julio Lopez Montoya, sending the corresponding deposit slip along with your registration.
Note: For all those companeros who are only travelling from San Cristobal de Las Casas-La Realidad-San Cristobal de Las Casas, the cost will be $250.00 pesos.
* A small photograph
* Photocopy of SEP credentials.
Departure: Thursday, July 29, at 6 PM, in the Zocalo of Mexico City.
Return: Tuesday, August 3, at the Zocalo in Mexico City.
The Organizing Committee
July of 1999.
Originally published by the FZLN and the EZLN ___________________________ Translated by irlandesa Date: Monday, July 12, 1999 20:37:27 -0500 From: fzln <email@example.com> Visit the Zapatista Front of National Liberation web pages: http://spin.com.mx/~floresu/FZLN (Spanish) http://www.peak.org/~joshua/fzln/ (English) http://home.worldnet.fr/ngoc-mai/Front%20zapatiste.htm (French) (in German next)